The MYS Inaugural Gala party:
The Monaco Yacht Show opens the ball of its 26th edition
On September 27, 2016, the inaugural party of the Monaco Yacht Show opens the ball of four days (and nights!) of events in the Principality of Monaco at the occasion of its 26th edition.
This year, the party will be held in the historical Salle Belle Époque at Hôtel Hermitage, of which the magnificent terrace offers a stunning panoramic view of the Monaco Yacht Show and its 125 sparkling superyachts.
350 high-profile guests – CEOs of yachting companies and private clientele – are invited to the event that hosts the 3rd MYS superyacht award ceremony. Four superyachts exhibited at the MYS will be awarded in the following categories; the winning yachts will be chosen by an eclectic jury of yachting journalists:
- The 2016 MYS/RINA Award rewards the eco-friendliest superyacht whose construction complies with a series of performance specifications as defined by the Italian classification company RINA,
- The MYS interior design Award is given to the superyacht, which design and bespoke work made on the interior areas enhance an exceptional quality of comfort, features and aesthetics,
- The MYS exterior design Award honors the superyacht which exterior design is the most innovative and refined,
- The Finest new superyacht of the 2016 MYS: This award is given to the superyacht delivered in 2015 or 2016 and that is exhibited at the 2016 MYS. She meets the refinement criteria for both the layout of its interior and its exterior design. This yacht shall also be rewarded for its positive impact on the pleasure yachting industry through its investment in innovations or development in order to protect the environment.
Selection of the nominees:
- The yacht shall be exhibited at the 2016 MYS for her very first time,
- The yacht shall be exclusively exhibited at the MYS by her builder,
- The yacht shall be delivered in 2016 (or end of 2015),
- The yacht shall measure from 39 metres LOA.
From the day after, the 26th Monaco Yacht Show will open its doors to 34,000 participants from Wednesday 28 September to Saturday 1 October who will discover the award-winning yachts in world premiere among the 125 units afloat and the 580 exhibitors on stands.
Salle Belle Époque - Hôtel Hermitage
© Monte-Carlo SBM